[ic] After installing 4.9.4, IC will not start...

Malcolm Webb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 8 23:52:00 2002

No errors get logged in the error.log file.

Doing a ./interchange status gives the following message: interchange
dead but subsys locked.

I checked in /var/lock/subsys and there is a lockfile getting created.
However, deleting it and restarting just results in another lockfile
being created.

I have swapped out my interchange.cfg with the one that came with the
distribution and it still will not start.

IC (4.8.1) was working fine prior to the upgrade.

I installed 4.8.1 via RPM, but installed 4.9.4 from source. Could that
be part of the problem?

Does anyone have any info about this?