[ic] Search Results Woes

Tony Hughes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 11:23:00 2002

First of all, apologies if this is a silly question. I  am an
interchange newbie, and somewhat confused. I am using 4.8.6.

I have set up 4 different version of category_vertical eg)

ss_category_vertical

so_category_vertical

aw_category_vertical

category_vertical (Original)

These are called from spring_summer.html, autumn_winter.html,
special_occasions.html, and complete.html

The idea is that a selective list is generated on the left hand side, to
only display items in the particular product group selected eg) "Spring
/ Summer"

The relevant category_vertical has additional search criteria which
ensure that only the relevant products are displayed.

This bit works fine (or at least it does now that I have acquired the
new layout_auto.html from the alpha release of 4.9 to auto-populate the
area/cat tables).

My problem is that having selected the item required in the browser, the
results are displayed in results.html. Which uses the generic
category_vertical component and displays ALL product groups. What I want
to do is to get the partical category_vertical component to display its
results in the relevant results file eg)

ss_category_vertical -> ss_results.html

and so on.

The problem is I don't know how to do this. I have used the "sp"
directive in the search loop eg)

[set found_cat]1[/set]

[loop prefix=cat

        search="

                fi=cat

                st=db

                sp=ssresults

                co=yes

                tf=sort

                tf=name

                rf=code,name

                sf=sel

                se=00181

        "

        ]

But this make no difference whatsoever, and the results page is always
results.html!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tony Hughes

www.wherecani.biz