[ic] Menu Editor

Sergiusz Jarczyk interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 10 07:36:01 2002

Mike

Quoting Mike Heins (mike@perusion.com):
> [...]
> The best way to play with it is to make a test catalog,
> and start playing with the "edit" link in the admin menus.
>
> Also, this little procedure will give you a product tree to play with:
>
> 1. Go to the menu editor and use the menu loader to
> load a products tree based on the defaults. (Press the
> first Go button.)
>
> 2. Put a menu name in the "Save to new menu name"
> box and publish it by pressing Publish.
>
> 3. Go to the content editor and edit index.html and
> change the category_vertical component to
> products_tree.
>
> 4. Use the "Clone component sets" to push that to
> "results" as well.
>
> 5. Start playing with the menu editor, moving items left
> and right, adding categories, etc.
>
> I think it is fairly intuitive from there.

Thank you for your help. Indeed, simple menu operations are trivial now. But
I have one more question - I'd like to set the menu so no matter if user
clicks on the Product Group's name or icon, the results will appear in the
main area. Now, it's only possible when the user clicks on the group name -
after clicking on the tree icon, the tree is expanded (I have over 500
products in most groups, so it's little problematic)...

TIA,
Sergiusz