[ic] Rpc traffic mode

Tue Dec 10 22:12:00 2002

Quoting interch (interch@valley-internet.com):

> > > Here is my situation.  Over the last year and a half, I have run the
> latest
> > > stable release of IC in rpc mode on both Redhat and Freebsd, using
> several
> > > versions of perl (5.005, 5.6, and now 5.8) on both platforms, and can
> > > consistantly cause Interchange to hang (kill -TERM won't stop it, I have
> > > send it a -KILL).  Usually it hangs when it is restarted after adding a
> new
> > > catalog, but sometimes it will just hang randomly.
> >
> > Wait just a minute. What is MaxServers set to? Try 0 and see what
> > happens.
>
> Do you mean MaxRequestsPerChild ?  MaxServers isn't set at all for rpc in my
> config, which is as follows..

I mean exactly what I said. If you examine the docs or source, MaxServer
default is 10. If you don't set it to zero somewhere, it won't be set
to that value.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry