[ic] How to access to MS SQL with freeTDS

Ryan Parr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 11 18:03:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farshad Farzan" <farzan@intelmeas.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:55 PM
Subject: [ic] How to access to MS SQL with freeTDS

> Has someone done access to MS SQL with the freeTDS driver in Interchange
> 4.8/4.9 ?

Not in IC, but from Linux with Perl, yes.

> I have successfully installed freeTDS , However, I am not sure what I
> should do in IC.
>
> Some docs point to using dbi:proxy , But that is where it ends.???

You're on the right track with FreeTDS. Stick with that. Now you need to
make sure you have the DBD::Sybase module compiled against the FreeTDS
libraries. Check out this article from "Linux Journal":
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5732. This article saved my job
back in April. I'm still getting laid off this month though :) Oh well.

> For example, I am not sure who creates the database in MS SQL ?

I can't help you with that. That's up to you to find out :)

> Does makecat have to be modified for this to take place ?

After you get IC installed I think that you should just have to set the
proper DSN. I don't really know that though, just a guess.

-- Ryan