[ic] Two catalogs one products table

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 12 17:17:01 2002

Brian Kosick wrote:

> Hello All,
>    I have a quick question/problem.  I have setup two catalogs that
> are sister sites.  They both have PostGres DB on the backend, and the
> second catalog is setup to use the first products table.  I did this
> in catalog.cfg, and dbconf/pgsql/products.pgsql
>
> in catalog.cfg
>
> ifndef SQLDSN
> Variable  SQLDSN    dbi:Pg:dbname=site2@db.server.net
> Variable  DEXPRESSSQLDSN       dbi:Pg:dbname=site1@db.server.net
> endif
>
> in products.pgsql i have
>
> Database  products  products.txt  __DEXPRESSSQLDSN__
>
> The second site uses the products table from site1 just fine, except
> one thing.  It is also using the merchadising table from site1, where
> i need it to use the merchandising table from site2.
>
> Any Ideas?  There are no errors in the catalog error.log or the IC
> error log.  I haven't turned on debugging yet, but I figure that I
> probably won't be getting errors there either, as it seems IC thinks
> that it's working just dandy.
>
> IC 4.8.6
> RedHat 7.3
> Perl 5.6.1
> <SNIP>

OK,
I added debugging, and no errors in there, I've even removed the
merchandising table from the site2 postgres DB, and set up as a DBM.
 site2 still uses site1's merchandising table!

PS I also recently ran into the postgres update bug regarding field
truncating,  luckily enough I had read that archive mesg! ;-)

I could use some ideas here thanks!