[sql-param] Case-Sensitivity (Was "Re: [ic] 'ID' String in any MySQL Query or form name")

Rich Doughty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 17 08:24:01 2002

On 17 Dec 2002, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Rich Doughty (rich@opusvl.com):
> > On 17 Dec 2002, Mathew Jones wrote:
> > > Try this instead:
> > >
> > > [query sql="
> > > 	SELECT
> > > 		recordID,
> > > 		recordName
> > > 	FROM
> > > 		table
> > > 	" list=1]
> > > 	[sql-param recordName] - [sql-param recordID]
> > > [/query]
> >
> > no joy. results are identical. see my original post :-(

yep. case-sensitivity.

having rewrote ALL my SQL and altered my tables to change "ID" to "Code" the
problem remained. a simple change of "Code" to "code" resolved the problem.

is this a DBI or IC issue?

do the scratch and value hashes suffer from similar issues? is
case-sensitivity simply a no-go?

> Read the IC and DBI docs, and try all lower case on your field name
> callouts.

FAO icdevgroup.org webmaster

from icdevgroup.org, documentation page, when selecting from the "Select
Documentation Section":

Sorry, the page () was not found

The requested page (unspecified error) was not found. You can return to
browsing our catalog, if you wish.

:-/

  - Rich Doughty