[sql-param] Case-Sensitivity (Was "Re: [ic] 'ID' String in any MySQL Query or form name")

Tue Dec 17 09:19:00 2002

Quoting Rich Doughty (rich@opusvl.com):
> On 17 Dec 2002, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Rich Doughty (rich@opusvl.com):

> > > no joy. results are identical. see my original post :-(
> > >

> yep. case-sensitivity.
>
> having rewrote ALL my SQL and altered my tables to change "ID" to "Code" the
> problem remained. a simple change of "Code" to "code" resolved the problem.
>
> is this a DBI or IC issue?

DBI and SQL databases in general.

Interchange is a better system than to be sensitive to field names
at all. It does have documentation (despite the web-page defect 8-)
that discusses this.

I don't suppose you tried typing "case-sensitive" into the search
box on the developer site?

> do the scratch and value hashes suffer from similar issues? is
> case-sensitivity simply a no-go?

Case-sensitivity is fine in its place. But there is usually
not much point to it....

> > Read the IC and DBI docs, and try all lower case on your field name
> > callouts.
>
> FAO icdevgroup.org webmaster
>
> from icdevgroup.org, documentation page, when selecting from the "Select
> Documentation Section":
>
> Sorry, the page () was not found
>
> The requested page (unspecified error) was not found. You can return to
> browsing our catalog, if you wish.

Thank you for noticing. That has been fixed.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".