Solved: RE: [ic] IC, postgres and sequences

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 17 14:57:01 2002

> > > Is there any way in forcing IC to use the sequence-number
> available from
> the
> > > postgres-database? Now it seems that IC uses its own counter that
makes
> a 3 number step each time I click "new entry".
> > >
> > > One other way would be that IC would not specify a value, but it would
> let Postgres handle this thing.
> >
> > Database example AUTO_SEQUENCE 1
> >
> > should do the trick.
> >
> > Ciao
> >         Racke
>
> Hi Racke,
>
> I get this error (in the error.log and in the browser) after
> inserting that
> line:
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please
> report the
> error or try again later. (DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: pg_aclcheck:
> class "1" not found at /home/stul4/interchange5/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line
> 912. )

By adding this to the *.pgsql files all you people will be able to use the
posgres own sequence rituals:  Database

Database  table   AUTO_SEQUENCE   table_code_seq
Database  table   AUTO_NUMBER     1

In other words: AUTO_SEQUENCE should contain the name of your sequence file.

Regards, Rene