[ic] Accessing modifer value in perl

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 05:23:00 2002

> From: Ron Phipps
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to access the value of a modifier from within a perl sub.
> know that I can access the modifier like this in ITL:
>
> [item-modifier modifiername]
>
> How would I do the same from within a perl sub?  More importantly can
> do this from within a sub called from Common Adjust?
>
> Thanks,
> -Ron

Interestingly enough I can access all my modifiers like this:

$item->{modifiername}

This works even if the modifier is pulled from the options table.  The
documentation mentioned that any attributes besides the ones mentioned
(mv_ip, price_group, mv_ib, code, size, color, quantity) would need to
be displayed using [item-modifier modifiername].

If all modifiers can be accessed using the $item hash without a call to
item-modifier then I will add a note to the docs.

Thanks,
-Ron