[ic] Shipping illegal to some countries

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 10:40:01 2002

> >> Also be aware that if people want something, they
> can
> >> still fudge the form to make it work.  I just had
> this
> >> happen to me where right now I'm only generally
> >> allowing US/Canada shipping and someone from Great
> >> Britain used Canada as the country and filled in
> all
> >> the other fields for the Great Britian address
> info.
> >> I had stripped out all the countries so it at least
> >> did charge some shipping, although it'll be way off
> >> from what it should be.
> >>

> >    Wouldn't the CC address verification handle this
> ?
> >I'm pretty green here so I really don't know for
> certain.
>
> It passed the cc validation.  I assume since enough of
> the info was correct, including the cvv2 value, and
> the only thing really wrong was the country (which is
> included in my payment module), it was good enough for
> them which seems to make sense.  They probably have to
> account for typos in fields at certain times.

    I'm a natural skeptic (no comments here :-)  ) and something
doesn't sound right.  How can it pass an address check if the
entire address isn't correct ? I would think even a typo would
make a difference.  Though I'll admit I'm not sure what you
mean by cvv2 value, but otherwise what would be the point
of an address check if it passes invalid addresses. The only thing
I can think that would make sense would be something like the
difference between  Rd versus Road.

Jon