[ic] need to install gcc for Interchange Tarball,

Paul Arnold interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 13:32:00 2002

ok here what I did.
I am running redhat 8.0 with SME server.
I cd'd into my /home directory.
Then I ftp'd into icdevgroup.org site, and downloaded
interchange-4.9.5.tar.gz into home
I then unzipped it into home
so now I have /home/interchange-4.9.5 directory
I ls'd and saw a configure file there. so I typed this command in.
./configure

it asked for a user and said it couldn't install as root but it said it
could use interch as a user, so I said yes, and it said user wasn't
available but it asked me is I wanted to use it anyway, so I said yes, then
it asked about the location to install,
after that it started to do something but then it stopped out brought an
error
./configure:make:not found or something like that

and it went back to prompt, how do I get to install make onto my machine?

> /usr/local/interchange, and the catalog data in the IC owner's home
> directory. Then, you should chmod or chown /usr/local/interchange so the
IC