[ic] Foundation Question

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 20 09:02:01 2002

Rich Bodo wrote:

>Got a question.  Just getting a grasp on the foundation demo, and I
>can follow the html generated by the templates and index.html, but for
>one thing.  I'm sure this is a common question:  I don't see the
>Specials section included where I would expect it, where is it
>included?
>
>I probably don't have my terminology right, so hope you can bear with
>me.  Although the components needed to compose the specials section
>appear to be *declared* in index.html, they do not seem to be
>*included* anywhere at all, in the sense of server side includes
>(maybe I should use *instantiated*).  The templates do seem to be
>*included*, in order, as one would expect them to be to generate the
>html on the from page.  Is there a fundamental ordering of components
>that I am missing?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Rich
>
>Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678

The location of the components is $CATROOT/templates/components.  That
is the standard location for them.  The templates on the other hand are
in $CATROOT/templates/default/regions and the components are included in
them with the following code:

[include file="templates/components/[control component none]"
group="content"][control]

The above produces the selectable widget in the admin area from the list
of components that it finds in the component dir.