[ic] debugging interchange for checkout failure.

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 23 14:41:01 2002

> I need to turn on some serious debugging. I am still not getting through
> the checkout button and I have run out of ideas for tracking down the
> problem without "seeing" what is going on when I hit the button. I can't
> replicate the error on the development server. But the live server is
> consistently broken.

I missed the earlier parts of this thread. Are you saying the checkout page
times out? This page uses a live UPS lookup over the internet. I have seen
this problem where the server is firewalled to prevent outbound http
connections. You could confirm this by commenting out the [shipping] tags in
the pages/ord/checkout.html page.

> Whet do I tweak to get the parts of IC to dump debugging info?

see the interchange.cfg file. You can enable debugging in there to /tmp. You
would then need to uncomment some appropriate logdebug() lines in the core
code (and of course restart interchange).

good luck!

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net