[ic] Brick and Mortar POS

James Call interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 26 19:40:01 2002

We have been using a cheesy windows-based POS program for the last year in our
children's clothing store business.  I used to own and operate a small ISP
where I had some linux experience.

I am wondering if there is any Interchange-based POS available out there and
at what kind of costs.  Here is a wish list of features we are looking for.

Thanks, James

sql based
layaways by number, with payments trackable by cashier reconciliation
fast, intuitive POS front-end
epson printer/ receipt printer
web based??
Linux based??
Inventory - take abilities(physical inventory) small program that runs on
laptop or palm w/scanner

stock recieving module
regular price 2x69 pricing too
reconciliation by cashier by date
network 4-5 stations
label making or label support or label export
MATRIX for products (size and color) shows sales inventory per option
good reports
spanish??
reorder based on sales
reorder by supplier
exchanges
Cashier can do all functions with keyboard.  No mouse neccessary.
cashier can do simple price changes.
sql query client
import new products from text file
product assembly (i.e. 1 blanket + 1 sleeper = baby outfit)
small network load. (maybe wireless)