[ic] Making use of the 'comments' field in the transactions table

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 27 13:06:01 2002

I'm in the process of changing our client's order retreival system to
go from encrypted email to an encrypted order dump file that can
be processed by a backend inventory system they are implementing.
One of the records the system can process is an order notes (comments)
record, which I would like to populate with the 'comments' field of the
transactions table.  But I can't see how to make use of that field.
Right now, the comments are stuck in the email and the client gets
them but they aren't stored in the database.

I could see no reference to the comments field in the Foundation
demo, though obviously the field is created in the database.

Any help would be appreciated.

Configuration information: Interchange 4.8.3, Redhat 7.1, Perl 5.6.1

Patrick Bennett
http://www.ccgenesis.com