[ic] Making use of the 'comments' field in the transactions table

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 27 14:24:00 2002

> > I believe they are stored in the database, since in the
> > order_view page
> > of the admin they are retrived by:
> >      [loop-data transactions comments]
>
> Well, the code is on that page, but on the order page there's nowhere
> to actually enter the comments.  I looked at the demo and there isn't
> a comments field on the checkout page.  I've added one to my checkout
> page, but it only goes in the email to the store owner, and I want to
> make it go into the database.  So to take it up one level, if you add
> a field to the checkout page, how do you make sure that field gets
> populated in the database (assuming you've added a corresponding
> field to the transactions table)?

Just realized where those comments can come from.  If you enter an order
for a user using the Admin interface, there is a field for entering
order comments/special instructions.  Now I just need to figure out how
to make use of that field on the front end =)

Patrick Bennett
http://www.ccgenesis.com