[ic] How to allow the user to enter either phone or email or both

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 27 14:42:00 2002

--- patrick.bennett@ccgenesis.com wrote:
> I noticed in the orders.profile that there's a line like this:
>
> &or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening phone
> number
>
> So I think I can put this (we don't use phone_night, just phone_day):
>
> &or phone_day=phone, email=email Must have phone number or email
> address
>
> My questions are these:
>
> 	Did I get the sytax right above?
> 	What do I do with the email=required below?  Remove it or leave it?
> 	What section of the documentation best describes this syntax?
>
> Configuration: Interchange 4.8.3, Redhat 7.1, Perl 5.6.1
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Patrick Bennett

Have you made the changes and seen what happens?  that is how I do most
of my troubleshooting. Change one thing then see what happens then
change another and see what happens. well anyways, the code above looks
ok to me but I didnt test it, did you, if yes, what happened. and the
part that explains this stuff is form validation. you can look up form
validation or validating in the archives and you'll find lots of stuff
pertaining to your question.
Good Luck,
Tom