[ic] pesky ui error message is not correct, any way to clear it?

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 31 09:20:01 2002

 Kevin Walsh wrote:

> Aaron Hazelton [aaronmail@hazenet.net] wrote:
> >
> > On the order status page of the 4.8.3 UI, I have implemented
> > a prior_auth_capture feature that is working beautifully! I have
> > even created a scratch variable that holds the pop.error-message
> > that comes back from authorize.net so that you can see the
> > response in plain english.
> >
> > However, *only* when doing a prior_auth_capture, I am
> > getting a stupid ui error message: "Can't figure out credit card
> > expiration".
> >
> > Any ideas what is causing that?  I don't get this when doing
> > any other functions, and I have confirmed in the authorize.net
> > system that the transactions ARE going through just fine and
> > my pop.error-message says: "This transaction has been
> > approved"
> >
> You could try adding an encrypt=0 parameter to your [charge] tag when
> performing the settle_prior (PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE).

That was it! Thank you Kevin!  I spent a while trying to find where
the error got created and finally did in Order.pm (line 587 :-).  I was
still a little lost, but that part is in the encrypt_cc sub, so you were
exactly right that's what it was trying to do .....

> --
> W a l s h
>  _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.biz

Thanks again