[ic] Uploading images with interchange 4.9.3

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 31 11:23:54 2002

--- Nick Giovas <nick@giovas.net> wrote:
> I know this topic has come up before, but I can't seem to find a
> solution to my problem.  When I was using interchange 4.8 I was not
> able
> to upload images from the admin page.  The way I solved it was by
> changing the "image upload" option to "image listing", creating the
> new
> item, saving it, going back in and selecting "new image" from the
> list
> and then selecting the image to upload.
>
> My ISP has upgraded me to 4.9.3 and it no longer works.  There is not
> an
> option for "new image" and when I click on upload after selecting the
> proper image I get the following error:
>
> Error writing file images/items/product.jpg
>
> My error log shows the following:
>
> failed to write images/items/product.jpg: Permission denied
> backup=0
> Could not open>  file '>images/items/product.jpg': Permission denied
>
> My permissions for the images and items folders is 775.
>
> Can anyone help me with this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nick

Maybe I am out of my area on this, but I never knew you could upload
images to the www space from the admin UI. I thought it only uploaded
the pictures to the non www space.  Well a solution to your problem is
to just ftp your pictures over. thats what i do. or upload to the non
www space and make a symbolic link to from your /www/images/whatever to
your /catalog/images/whatever/

good luck,
tom