[ic] Re: Sorting Search Results within a page (John Delaney)

Henry Ho interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 31 18:12:00 2002

In my interchange design

I have many a set number of unique groups, and for the
categories they populated on many groups, some
categories appear on some groups and some donts.  I
wanted to sort the categories out by prices, this is
the following steps I went through to get it to work.

Log on Admin Page-->Design-->
For Each section, create a complex search
for the categories in the section,
select Linktype as External link and set it as below:
http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/yoursite/scan/fi=products/tf=price/to=n/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Category1/sf=prod_group/se=Section1.html

As you know the url looks like the generated one if
you select SimpleSearch for the category of each
group.
I don't know the default variables for SimpleSearch or
where to modify it, so I copy it and added the price
sorting to the link and hardcoded it to each
categories for each sections and it worked fine.

Original URL:
http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/yoursite/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Category1/sf=prod_group/se=Section1.html

Modified Sort URL:
http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/yoursite/scan/fi=products/tf=price/to=n/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Category1/sf=prod_group/se=Section1.html

What I added to the URL was "tf=price/to=n"

I found the variable on interchange development group:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut14%2e05

Regards,
Henry