[ic] Redirecting Based on Domain

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 12:07:01 2002

Michael Stearne wrote:

> I have to do some redirecting of the user based on which URL they use
> to some into my site with based on subdomain name.  For example:
>
> http://am.mydomain.com/
>
> should be replaced with
>
> http://www.mydomain.com/fea/index.html?linecode=AM
>
> using the subdomain name (am) capitalizing it and putting it at the
> end of the redirect URL.  Would this be best done in Perl or in ITL
> using the [bounce] tag in some way.

I can't speak for Apache, because we use Roxen, but I suspect that you
can do this with Apache too.  If you want to cover all of the bases
regardless if what else may be passed with the URL
http://am.mydomain.com/, your HTTP server should be a ble to do regexp
redirections so that it is transparent to IC because what happens if
someone provides more than just http://am.mydomain.com/?

Barry