[ic] Calling a PERL function using a custom defined Globalsub

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 12:25:01 2002

Platform: IC 4.8.3, PERL 5.6, RH Linux 7.2., PGSQL
__

We are trying to do a custom subroutine that performs an HTTP post to
another server.

In our Globalsub we created a new routine called posttoserver which is the
starting point for our work, however, we cannot get this simple function to
work within Interchange:

Here is an example:

********
LINE#		ACTUAL TEXT

1		GlobalSub <<EOF
2		sub posttoserver {
3
4		use strict;
5		use sigtrap;
6		use IO::Socket::INET;
7
8		my $result =  IO::Socket::INET->new("www.fredpope.com:80");
9			print $result "GET \r\n";
10		my @out=<$result>;
11
12		close ($result);
13
14		print("Content-Type: text/html\n\n");
15		print ("@out");
16			}
17		EOF

********

If I remove a line at the top and at the bottom, this runs predictably, as
filename.pl in the cgi-bin directory but when I call it from interchange,
nothing happens. Here is how I am calling it:

[perl subs=yes]posttoserver[/perl]

It seems that we cannot make a call to the line 6 without it hanging up.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Fred Pope
Satcom Resources