[ic] Redirecting Based on Domain

Yury German interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 14:56:01 2002

I have a few things set up on my server so it is easy for me to tell you how to do redirects.

The redericts need to go in to the
Vhosts.conf file which is located where you have your configs setup.

You need to have the following line first

NameVirtualHost *

(This sets up the virtual hosting for your system)

Then setup the main server pages I will use domain - www.myserver.com
The server is located in /var/www/myserver

<VirtualHost *>
Server Name www.myserver.com
ServerAdmin yourname@yourmailaddress.com
ServerAlias myserver.myserver.com
#Server Aliases can be anything you want to redirect to that location
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/www/myserver/cgi-bin/
Document Root /var/www/myserver
</VirtualHost>

Now if you want to rewrite everything for the host shop.myserver.com Which is located in the directory SHOP
You would do the following.

<VirtualHost * >
ServerName shop.myserver.com
ServerAlias ic.myserver.com anythingelse.myserver.com
ServerAdmin myname@yourmailaddress.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/www/myserver/cgi-bin/
DocumentRoot /var/www/myserver/
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.myserver.com/shop/ [p]
        RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
</VirtualHost>

This should work just fine for the rewrites (at least it does on my servers)