[ic] Before You Begin

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 19:34:00 2002

> I've been trying to learn IC for almost 2 weeks, but I
> still don't know where to start and how to program it.
>  Compared to when I first learned Perl for 2 week, I
> could write almost all any perl scripts.
>
> I then tried to find out what's wrong with me, and
> then I found this article.  It's really interesting.
>
> What's wrong with Interchange?
> url:
> http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/interchange/review.html
>

> Well, I agree that IC has poor documentation.  I read
> all 4 books and still has no idea how to develop it.

One of the hard parts about this complaint is that no one can clearly
communicate specific ways that the documentation could be improved.

> What do you think?  How long did it take you to learn
> IC, ITL tag, etc?  How much experience of Perl do you
> need for IC?
>
> Thank you for reading and your comments.

The difficulty in learning IC/ITL/etc. is directly proportionate to how
much you want to modify foundation.  If one is going to use the stock
foundation template without any modifications, then it stands to reason
that they are not going to have a hard time learning ITL (i.e. you don't
need to).  Similarly, if you want to make simple adjustments, there is a
proportionate amount of time needed to learn the necessary IC way of
doing it.  Also, I didn't really catch the part in your e-mail where you
described "how to develop it".

Have a nice day,

| Dan Browning, Sr. Tech Consultant
| Kavod Technologies, 1498 SE Tech Center Pl Ste 170
| Vancouver, WA 98683  <dan.browning@kavod.com>
Ducharme's Axiom:
	If you view your problem closely enough you will recognize
yourself as part of the problem.