[ic] mv_search_match_count behavior

JT Justman interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 19:03:01 2002

Hi! Using IC 4.8.3. I have an SQL list:

 [query sql="select sku, title, sold, short_description, price, size_desc,
color, style_category, type_category from products
               where [scratch cat_type]_category='[scratch cat_number]';"
         type=list
         more=1
           ml=10]

that works fine. At the top of the results, I use the following code:

[on_match][value mv_search_match_count] total items in this category.
<BR>Pages:      [more_list]
        [more]
      [/more_list]<BR>

align="center">
[/on-match]

[list]

The problem is that mv_search_match_count always returns the value of
the -last- search. For example, if I start out with a blank session, it
returns nothing. Reloading the page, going to the next [more] page or going
to another category (different query) changes it to the number of results in
category 1. Category 3 will display the number of results in category 2 etc.
Is this strange, or do I misunderstand how this is supposed to behave? If
this is so, how can I display the number of results in the current query?

Thanks,

JT