[ic] Area , category & item problem

Neil Diver interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Jan 5 11:21:00 2002

I have recently installed IC and have started to make my own catalog, so
here is what I have done

I run bin/makecat and installed a catalog with the sql data structure
but without the sample data so the database is empty.

I the proceeded to create a new area ( I follow the foundation demo
catalog and created 2 entries in the area table)

I then proceeded to create a category ( Again I follow the demo catalog
and created 2 entries)

And now the problem starts

Firstly when I went to view the catalog the area heading was there but
not the category

And then I thought because there was no items under the category that
this was the reason that it wasn’t displayed, so I went to create a new
item but on the create new item form I didn’t even have the recently
created area or category in the drop down boxes I had nothing.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Trekker

---