[ic] form gives page () not found error

Sun Jan 6 19:34:01 2002

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 09:02:45PM +0100, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> Genna Bae wrote:
> > I wanted to post that I solved the following problem was by installing RPM
> > version and using INET instead of UNIX mode.
>
> > >I've just installed interchage-4.8.3 and everything works fine except when I
> > >tried to login or use anything that uses form, I get following error:
> >
> > >Sorry, the page () was not found
> >
> > >The requested page (unspecified error) was not found. You can return to
> > >browsing our catalog, if you wish.
>
> Hmmm...I don't use any kind of RPM version, because I'm using FreeBSD!
> I've gotten the same unspecified error message reported from a customer
> and I can't find the cause of that error message. Can someone tell or
> give me more information about the cause of that error message?

It is just what it says: can't find the page.  () probably was a 'null'
page or unparseable request.  You will need to compare your web server
logs with your IC logs to figure out what the request should have been.
If you can get IC to dump the entire CGI request, that will be helpful.
That's **really** easy to do that with tlink.pl, BTW.  Run weblint on all
your pages too.

The error could be in the page to which IC is going, it might be a bad url
in the referring page, or it might be bad profile (for forms).

Really, this is like saying "it doesn't work, why?"