[ic] form gives page () not found error

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 03:17:00 2002

cfm@maine.com wrote:

> > Hmmm...I don't use any kind of RPM version, because I'm using FreeBSD!
> > I've gotten the same unspecified error message reported from a customer
> > and I can't find the cause of that error message. Can someone tell or
> > give me more information about the cause of that error message?
>
> It is just what it says: can't find the page.  () probably was a 'null'
> page or unparseable request.  You will need to compare your web server
> logs with your IC logs to figure out what the request should have been.
> If you can get IC to dump the entire CGI request, that will be helpful.
> That's **really** easy to do that with tlink.pl, BTW.  Run weblint on all
> your pages too.
>
> The error could be in the page to which IC is going, it might be a bad url
> in the referring page, or it might be bad profile (for forms).
>
> Really, this is like saying "it doesn't work, why?"

*grins*
That is my normal way of works and investigations. But I've checked the
catalog with all the browser (NS 4.77 and 6.01, IE 5.5 128 Bit SSL and
Opera 5.12) under FreeBSD and WIN 2k. But this one customer use MAC and
IE 5.0! I've asking them for more informations. But this kind of
costumer is "stupid" and can't help me anymore. I could ony found one
thing. The error happen if the MAC IE 5.0 is using SSL and the apache
log reported to me, that that user change SSL v2 to SSL v3! Maybe the
MAC IE 5.0 has a SSL bug? Can that be?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]