[ic] Multiple Languages - Including Product Data

Alexander Schmitz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 10:45:00 2002

Hy,

> All product info, navigation, static pages, and all other content has to be available fully in over 4 languages (going up to maybe a dozen).

We used the [language-field] tag (search the archive for info) for
translation of the product fields. Everything else is translated with the [loc]
tag.

If you have a lot of Text based html-pages like Artikels an solution like
the language-field tag for an extra DB-table would do the trick.

> Would it perhaps be best to create a different "store" for each language?

If the Layout and Content of each of the Stores doesn´t depend on
the chosen Language this would be an unneeded overhead.

bye Alex
AXON-E Interaktive Medien
Tel. +49941-5998545
Fax. +49941-5998541