[ic] Still can't make .gdmb files from .txt files

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 11:39:01 2002

"I changed some variables in variable.txt, and nothing worked."

When you open the file are the variable changed? Then it worked, you just
did no get the variables to take.

"I have to make variable.gdbm from the text file in order for my changes
to take affect in the catalog.

I have restarted the main server, but this did not do it.

How do I do this from the command line? (I can't use the admin
interface) I only have access to the shell."

You will need to remove the variable.gdbm for it to create a new one.

rm -f variable.gdbm

substitute user to interch

restart the interchange server.

$interchangeroot/bin/interchange -restart

--
Fred Pope
Satcom Resources