[ic] Switching products database

Tom Carroll interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 19:38:01 2002

I've read with great interest Zack Johnson's posts about the mv_metadata and
the admin panel.  I followed through with some experimentation.

One thing I did do was to modify the products.mysql file with all the table
definitions of my database, created a new products.txt file and killed the
products.sql file so products.txt would be reimported into the database.

However, the filed names I used were different and I'm now getting errors.
I'm assuming I need to restore the foundation (I saved everything into
another directory) products text and mysql files and modify the database
structure from the administration panel so IC knows what I've done.

Would this be correct?

Thanks!

Tom Carroll