[ic] One SKU in multiple Branches of TREE

Gary Norton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 21:58:00 2002

--=_9CC193A2.BCDDB21F

In searching the archives of the list I didn't see this addressed =
specifically, but I did find mention of one SKU in multiple categories. =
Basically the thread mentioned creating a separate table that listed only =
sku and category (that is an abbreviated explanation of course).

I am not sure if it is possible (usually it is if you are smart enough, =
unfortunatly on this subject I am not) to do the same thing to support a =
single SKU in multiple branches of a tree.

Example: Auto-parts store sells items that are usually selected by auto =
make and year:

Shocks=3D>Ford=3D>Bronco=3D>77-79=3D>SKU

However many SKU's can be used across multiple branches using the previous =
logic (ie 81-83 etc.)

If this is possible, what do you think the best implementation is. I had =
thought about a 3rd table implementation as listed for the single sku in =
multiple categories thread, but wasn't sure what would need to be tweaked =
to support the TREE structure.

I had a few ideas, but basically my brain-train got derailed when I tried =
to figure out how I was going to support SEARCHING and other features =
etc...

FYI, I am testing this implementation on a generic install of "Construct"  =
with the integration of the HOW TO for TREES.

Thanks in advance,
Gary

--=_9CC193A2.BCDDB21F

BEGIN:VCARD