[ic] Questions about IC

Yury German interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Jan 12 23:01:01 2002

I need a few questions from people who are knowlegable about IC. I would
install it and play with it but I am way too buisy running the business now
to spend a day or so setting it up just to find out it does not do
something.

So if someone can tell me if this is possible it would be great.

1. Is it possible to setup IC so that it does not keep inventory. I am
working with a large number of inventory items directly from the
manufacturer and it would be a pain to keep it up considering the inventory
moves real fast (a few retail locations). Basically I want to keep
everything in inventory, if it is not it will be in a week or so and I can
always generate an Email to the customer with a backorder status.

2. Is there a way to setup processing so that it has to go through approval
before credited. I think one way of doing it is to send the PGP/GPG email
and then process it manually. What I would like though is for it to still be
proceseed automatically but pending approval (in stock/ready to ship). Is
there a module or code for this by chance? If not I can always do it the
manual way, it will just take a little more time.

3. Can anyone recommend Credit Card processors with good fees? I am just
starting out with the web page and do not want to pay an arm and a leg per
month just to be able to process credit cards.

Thank you all!
Yury German