[ic] error:/dev/fd/34 line 25

Darren Bayliss interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 06:44:00 2002

Hello all,

I recently managed to get interchange.4.8.3 installed on an SGI origin 200
(IRIX 6.5.14) running netscape fasttrack (for now).
The compilation went ok and so did the first makecat, everything seemed to
be installed into the relevant directories etc, but I got one small glitch.
On restart (interchange), I got the error that it could only run in UNIX
mode, so I went to the user folder (usr/people/interch) and upped the
overall ownership to 755. This time when I restarted interchange, I didn't
get any errors.

Then I went to my browser to view the 'foundation' catalogue and got the
obvious server error. I checked the server error log and found the
following;

[14/Jan/2002:01:58:17] failure: for host xxxxxxxx trying to GET
/cgi-bin/foundation/index.html, cgi-parse-output reports: the CGI program
/var/www/cgi-bin/foundation did not produce a valid header (name without
value: got line "begin failed--compilation aborted at /dev/fd/34 line 25.")

Has anyone got ANY ideas what this could be. I have checked the directory
/dev/fd and there are a bunch of 'files' (which aren't files.. I don't know
what they are) which number 1-9 (no 34).

Any help/info gratefully received
regards,
Darren Bayliss
e-SP