[ic] newbie install

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 11:25:00 2002

I freshly installed Mandrake Linux on my dual P3 box and it works just great! The first thing I did was download Interchange and attempt to install it.

When I first ran the configure script it complained about the lack of
PERL so I downloaded the ActiveState distibution from CPAN and installed
it.
It still complained about the perl.h file not being accessable so I
copied it over to where it wanted it to be. But now configure gives me
the following error:

Where is your Interchange to be installed? [usr/local/interchange]

writing Makefile for Interchange
configure: make: command not found
configure: make: command not found

Could this have something to do with the Interchange user (interch)
being not yet created? Where can I find this makefile or perhaps an
error log? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.