[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 12:45:01 2002

Prasit P wrote:

> If RedHat wants this e-commerce application to be widely
> used for Linux, it should rewrite the document.  Its
> document is just like easily take out comments from perl
> scripts and put it together without source code, like the
> blind watching a movie.
>
> Even you are Perl knowledgeable, you won't be able to
> figure out easily what the document is trying (or not) to
> tell you.
>
> I personally like this application, but the deep learning
> curve here pull me back a little bit.  I'm sure it kicks a
> huge bunch of others out too.
>
> I believe RH knows what the result of good software with
> poor documentation is.
>
> Prasit
[BIG DEL A LOT OF THE OLD E-MAIL]

First of all, why did you quot all the whole old email?

Regarding the documents, I was starting the former Interchange "MiniVend
Versin 3.11" as an old windows user with no knowledge or experience of
perl. I did have some knowledges and experiences of HTML only and my
capability of english was very very poor.
I *was able* to read and understand the documents step by step!
I *was able* to use MiniVend/Interchange *without* any knowledge of
perl.
I *was able* to use the MV/IC Tags like a HTML Tags and it works!
I *was able* to use the mail archives, to search for the special IC/MV
Tags and to see how did another users use the IC/MV Tags and so on.
I *got* any helps from this list always, if I was asking for any helps,
tips or hints for my special problem, which was described with excact
informations by myself (with a part of codes).

How long did or would you need, to use a graphic program (for example
Photoshop or Gimp) as a professional?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]