[ic] Creating new forms

Mon Jan 14 12:53:01 2002

At 08:55 AM 01/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Alma Nuker (alma@youramigo.com):
> > Hi guys;
> >
> > I am trying to create new form for website feedback. I tried following:
> >
> > First of all I created new website.txt under products/. It contains
> > following:
> >
> > name    company address email   telephone       fax     howfind
> > howfindtext    howoften        howoftentext    navigation
> > information appearance speed comments
> > (I did make shore that there is TAB between each of them).
> >
> > Since I email address and name are required I did add following to
> > etc/profiles.orders:
> > __NAME__      webisite_profile
> >
> > name=required
> > email=required
> >
> > &fatal=yes
> > &final=yes
> > __END__
>
>This is probably not what you want. &final=yes indicates you want to
>submit an order.
>
>I would suggest removing the &fatal / &final and using
>mv_form_profile=website_profile instead of mv_order_profile.
>

> > Finally I added following into web page:
> >
> > <form method=post action="[process]">
> > <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_table"    VALUE="website">
> > <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_key"      VALUE="name">
> > <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_function" VALUE="update">
> > <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="return">
> > <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE=ord/send>
> >  <input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=website_profile>
> > <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_fields"
> > VALUE="name,company,address,email,telephone,fax,
> >
> howfind,howfindtext,howoften,howoftentext,navigation,information,appearance,speed,comment">
> >
> > <PRE>
> >
> > "all my text boxes goes here"
> >
> > </PRE>
> > INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Send Information">
> > <INPUT TYPE=reset name=reset value="Reset">
> > </form>
> >
> > My catalog uses default DBM database.
> > Error log does not say anything strange, interchange restarts fine, I
> > did get send.html back, but I data that are entered
> > through form are nowhere to be seen.
> >

>Did you check the catalog error log? I am guessing you probably are
>getting an error due to not doing [set mv_data_enable]1[/set].

Also, don't forget to define the database in your catalog configuration
files. For instance, if you are running the default database (gdbm), you
would want to create a file named website.dbm in yourcat/dbconf/default_db/
which contains this line:

Database        website         website.txt     TAB

- Ed L.