[ic] Time-out on secure checkout-'receipt' as final page

Mon Jan 14 12:58:09 2002

At 10:13 AM 01/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Im having some problems with the secure checkout on our store.  The
>'receipt.html' page is the final page very similar to the foundation
>demo.  I am getting complaints about people getting an error page or
>time out page when submitting their order.  I asked before and was
>directed to some FAQ's that said there was a problem with IE version 5.
>However, I am also experiencing this in version 6 too.  It does not
>always happen, but is happening often and leaves the customer thinking
>'where did my secure info go?'  Also, I am starting to get some
>duplicate orders because people will get the error page, hit back, and
>submit again, and usually, the order does go into the system before
>their page times out or says no page to display.
>
>Are others out there having this problem?  Are there any ideas on fixing
>it?  I also was wondering, since my server has seemed kind of slow
>lately, if server speed and ram has anything to do with it?
>
>Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
>   _____
>

>Sincerely,
>Aaron Hazelton
>FixtureFactor.com V.P.
>828-631-3477
>aaron@fixturefactor.com

Any errors in your error logs?  In a typical configuration, IC sends output
to sendmail, calls an encryption program and writes to a couple of database
files (transactions, orderline, maybe userdb, etc) during the order
submission process - I guess I would start by looking for errors or issues
relating to these.  Also, check the SSL fAQ which is periodically posted to
this list.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax