Paypal ([ic] wells fargo epay)

Curt Hauge interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 14:43:48 2002

Quoting Jim Balcom:

> As I understand it, with the account that you have, if I pay you $20.00
out
> of my existing funds at PayPal, using money that someone sent to me out of
> their account, (essentially a cash transaction) they will charge you a
> transaction fee as you stated on that one, too. Is that correct?

> There is also the fact that customers like to see the company
> that they are
> buying from listed on their credit card statement instead of some
> 3rd party
> processor. It gives them the feeling that they are dealing with a
> legitimate
> company.

True, but some of my clients use PayPal as an additional or optional payment
method, including their normal merchant account. Many, many people use
PayPal (E*bayers) who do not have credit cards but pay for their merchandise
through PayPal by withdrawals from their checking account which is fast and
painless. And yes, I think PayPal charges for using existing funds in your
PayPal account also. Thats probably why they don't need to charge a monthly
minimum fee.

2 cents.

Curt Hauge