[ic] newbie install

vincenker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 00:19:01 2002

Please first have GCC installed. -- Vincent

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of
Honest to Goodness
Sent: 2002Äê1ÔÂ15ÈÕ 0:27
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] newbie install

I freshly installed Mandrake Linux on my dual P3 box and it works just
great! The first thing I did was download Interchange and attempt to
install it.

When I first ran the configure script it complained about the lack of
PERL so I downloaded the ActiveState distibution from CPAN and installed
it.
It still complained about the perl.h file not being accessable so I
copied it over to where it wanted it to be. But now configure gives me
the following error:

Where is your Interchange to be installed? [usr/local/interchange]

writing Makefile for Interchange
configure: make: command not found
configure: make: command not found

Could this have something to do with the Interchange user (interch)
being not yet created? Where can I find this makefile or perhaps an
error log? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.