[ic] error:/dev/fd/34 line 25

Darren Bayliss interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 04:38:01 2002

I moved the config.h file (which was empty) and ran the command;
./bin/compile_link -p nnnn  again, trying the same port numbers as before.
Here is the output from that command;

origin2 32# ./bin/compile_link -p 3200

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for environ declaration in unistd.h... (cached) no
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for select... (cached) yes
checking for socket... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating syscfg
creating config.h
vlink.c: In function `die':
vlink.c:79: warning: passing arg 1 of `perror' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
vlink.c:79: invalid use of void expression
vlink.c: In function `open_socket':
vlink.c:144: `LINK_FILE' undeclared (first use in this function)
vlink.c:144: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vlink.c:144: for each function it appears in.)
vlink.c:151: `LINK_TIMEOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
Problem compiling vlink._usr_local_interchange_etc_socket.
tlink.c: In function `die':
tlink.c:112: warning: passing arg 1 of `perror' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
tlink.c:112: invalid use of void expression
tlink.c: In function `open_socket':
tlink.c:177: `LINK_HOST' undeclared (first use in this function)
tlink.c:177: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
tlink.c:177: for each function it appears in.)
tlink.c:192: `LINK_PORT' undeclared (first use in this function)
tlink.c:215: `LINK_TIMEOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
Problem compiling tlink.localhost.3200.
Couldn't compile your choice of link
'vlink._usr_local_interchange_etc_socket'

It seems that the script is coming across something elsewhere, could it
possibly be a permissions problem ?

Is there anything else i can try?

kind regards,
Darren Bayliss