[ic] How I can retrieve info from secure server?

Cory Trese interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 12:10:16 2002

I would suggest that you look at the design of this process (this is just
how I would approach this) again and considering it not as a manner to
maintain a session after doing 'work' on a remote, secure server.  I would
think of it as a transaction and transaction confirmation between two secure
servers.

>From a 'birds eye view' I would follow this logic :

1. gather information about user (the 'session')
2. prepare to initialize the secure transaction
2b. Save the 'transaction' with some details
	i.  owner of transaction, a user
	ii. other stuff about the transaction you need to recover
3. use a secure form (action="https://...") to post the details to the
remote secure server
4. have the secure server do whatever and submit the results back to you
(aka, she user a secure form to post a transaction ID, some authentication
you passed to her, and additional information such as state, return values,
ect.)  The page she targets uses your 'transaction' database (created in 2b)
to load the values and apply the results of her transaction confirmation.
If the confirmation indicates failure, you then have the ability to deal
with that failure and prepare for an additional step (retransmission.)

Again, this obvious doesn't contain any code and isn't a real solution --
just an opinion about how to apply my favored model for this type of
activity.

-- Cory trese

Hello,

I have processing company that required to enter credit card info on
her secure server. Anybody can give me a thing how I can retrieve all
session data after processing of credit card on another server and
return result page?

Sincerely,

Alexei V. Fedchenko
Russian Books Ltd.