[ic] Internet Explorer problem

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 14:45:00 2002

Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> I'm asking this because I'm not sure where the problem really is.
>
> One customer was kind enough to write an email that he could not check out
> his order.
> I've heard this before, but I can't recreate the problem myself with the
> browsers that I have access to. The problem is that the customer fills out
> the form, but whatever he does, it will not accept the order, it will just
> return to the check out page with no error message.
>
> The customer uses MS Explorer ver. 5.00.2920.000. I've tried with another
> brand of IE 5.0, but without the problem.
>
> Clue: When entering the index page, he was greeted with an authorization
> error, he says. I'm not sure this can be true; Why should it do any SSL
> activity, I don't know. Also, the page would be totally tilted if it was
> displayed (there is SSL on the Apache web server).
>
> Another clue, maybe: When moving the mouse over the Order button, he sees an
> error message in the statusline in the browser: 'javascript: void 0
>
> I can't see any entries in error.log at the time he tried to enter an order.
>
> I'm using Interchange 4.8.2, foundation layout.
>
> Any hints to what can be done?

Did you look into the apache log? Did you have an extra apache log file
for any error messages?
In my case, I did have the same trouble some time ago and the cause was
a bug in IE Version 5.0 with SSL!
Did you use IE 5.0 with 128Bit SSL with success? Has your customer an IE
5.0 with 56 Bit SSL?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]