[ic] Editing pages with Admin (logout.html)

Wed Jan 16 15:34:00 2002

Quoting Michael Hall (mhall@riverside.org):

> Recently set up a store for one of our customers, initially everything was
> working fine but then I started noticing a problem with 'Logout'. A user
> would logout (and it would display 'User logged out', or whatever) yet
> the menu bar button still displayed 'Logout' (vs 'Login') and if you
> attempted to login it'd come back and say already 'Logged in', repeated
> attempts to logout produced the same thing.
>
> I initially looked at 'logout.html' and that looked fine, but after looking
> everywhere else I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I noticed the
> 'logout.html' had been changed by one of our web designers, he'd used the
> Admin interface's Page Editor to remove some components. Comparing it to
> a vanilla logout.html I saw the first line had been removed, ie:
>
> '[seti done][userdb function=logout clear=1][/seti]'
>
> Putting that back in fixed the problem :-)
>
> Anyway, the problem is solved but are some pages not meant to be editted
> with the Admin Page Editor or should that line be placed in some tag or
> something so the Page Editor leaves it alone? I duplicated this a few times
> and I can manually put the line in but every time I use the Page Editor it
> removes it :-(
>
> I'm using IC 4.8.3 (tarball), BSD 4.2 (aka BSDi), and Perl 5.005_03.

Actually, the page editor can handle preamble and postamble data,
but the page templates in foundation are not set up for it.

To enable it, this must be added to the template control:

    ui_template_edit: preamble template page components content postamble

Also, the preamble data must be set inside the appropriate comment:

<!-- BEGIN PREAMBLE -->
[seti done][userdb function=logout clear=1][/seti]
<!-- END PREAMBLE -->

We should fix this, I think, and allow a preamble to be selected on a per-page
basis. It is unclear to me how -- perhaps the best way would be to have a standard
page option to select whether certain things are editable.

--
Red Hat, Inc., (emailing wirelessly from my laptop, on Perl Whirl
in the Caribbean Ocean) Geek Cruises (www.GeekCruises.com)

Clue you should not drive in the left lane: You don't ever go
as fast as your age.