[ic] How I can retrieve info from secure server?

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 17:37:01 2002

Lyn St George wrote:
[snip]

> >You have to transfer the session id to the other server and the other
> >server has to transfer that session id back to your server and you have
> >to get that session id from the other server and you have to use that
> >session id to get the right session. That is what I do!
>
> Hi Joachim
>
> Well if you actually have it working then we'll put some work into it
> again. Digging through my memory I find this: everything, including
> the session id can be transferred through the other server and  made
> available back on our server. Or rather, it would be available with
> the right session id, otherwise it could not be accessed. Where we
> got stumped was "using that original session id to get the right
> session", ie either replacing the new session with the old one or

How can you replace the new session with the old one? Where is the
current session the value of the right "old" session?

> using [scratch ..] to pick up the old id and values. It is *not* possible
> to send that session id back via the callback URL (which would
> have helped greatly). The first page back on our server was next

Do you mean, that you are not able to get the session id back from the
other server?

> to useless for doing anything with IC ... hmm .. do you do an
> automagic http refresh to force the second page and use that
> to do things?

What did you mean with "automagic http refresh"? For which case?
What did you get exactly?
There are several solutions for any direction or refreshing! But I've
not enough information about your problem and I do not want to tell you
anything about any kind of refreshing, because there are several kind of
case to do this or that "refereshing"!
Did it works with or without cookies?

> Maybe we just had a mental block against the obvious (it happens ... )
> but we'll make time soon to work on it.

Or did I've a mental block in my brain to understand you right? :-)

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]