[ic] Searching on either of two fields

Jimmy Kaplowitz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 22:12:01 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 05:16:49PM -0800, Brendan Crosser-McGay wrote:
> If you want to search on multiple fields just use search profiles, or
> something like this:
>
> 	[set testname]su=yes/fi=products/sf=sku/sf=title/sf=description[/set]
> 	<input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=testname>
>
> That search will search the products database, and all you do is provide the
> searchspec (se) and you are in-business...

Well, I'm setting up a complex search to define a section in the Layout
Editor of the admin UI, so that's not exactly the right surrounding
junk, but I think that's close enough to what I need so that I can
figure it out. I didn't know that you could stack sf=blah portions to
search for the same thing in multiple fields; that's what I was missing.

Thanks very much. If I have any further problems I'll post again.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org / jim@bway.net