[ic] problem with products.txt file

Thu Jan 17 12:06:01 2002

At 03:04 PM 01/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I needed to change the columns in my products table, using the proprietary
>Interchange database, so I changed the products.txt file and put in the new
>column names, tab delimited.  These read in fine, so when I restarted
>interchange, I saw the new column headings in the items section of my
>interchange site.
>
>The problem is that I can't seem to add, edit, or delete records (items)
>from the products table, using the browser based UI.  I click the OK button
>at the bottom of the item entry form, I apply changes, I stop and restart
>the server, all to no avail.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Barney Stein

Given that some of the item edit stuff is hard-coded, it may not be as
flexible with column names as you had hoped.  At the very least, ensure
that they key field (1st column) in you customized products file is the
same as in the stock distribution version, and try it again.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax