[ic] committing admin changes takes "forever"

Fri Jan 18 13:35:01 2002

Quoting Jon Jensen (jon@redhat.com):
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Orlando Andico wrote:
>
> > Whenever I try to do something, e.g. add an item, after pressing the "ok"
> > button nothing happens. However pressing "stop" and going back to the
> > store shows that the commit had taken place.
> >
> > However, this behavior is quite annoying.
> >
> > I've noticed that the problem is there when using Interchange 4.8.3 +
> > Oracle or + PostgreSQL.
> >
> > I noticed that during this period of seeming inactivity, the "foundation"
> > program (a.k.a. vlist) is stuck in a read() loop.
>
> What browser are you using? I never saw this problem before until I
> started using Mozilla 0.9.7, and now it happens when I do a save in the
> admin UI (with any IC version I've tried). No problems for me with any
> other browser, just Mozilla 0.9.7.
>
> Looks like a Mozilla form post bug of some sort.

That only applies to forms of type ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data". I have
seen the same thing myself with Mozilla 0.9.7.

--
Red Hat, Inc., (emailing wirelessly from my laptop, on Perl Whirl
in the Caribbean Ocean) Geek Cruises (www.GeekCruises.com)

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.