[ic] Search Returning 3 out of 6 results

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 15:04:01 2002

> I am having some problems with the search feature. I have six items that
> have the word "french" in the title of the product. When I do a search, it
> is only pulling up three of the six items in the result set.
>
> If anyone has any insight as to why this is not working the way
> that I think
> it should, I would appreciate it.
>
> I have looked into the search code a bit, and I am stumped, but I am not
> finished looking.

You might try doing a query from the MySQL command prompt to ensure the
problem is in interchange.  ie.  select sku,title from products where title
like "%french%";

If you get six results there then you know the problem is interchange, if
you get 3 then you know the problem is in your table.  Perhaps non printable
characters?

Marty Tennison